The Building Energy Management Training Systems form a complete introduction to direct digital control (DDC) of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. They cover the main control schemes used in building energy management. This includes single-zone and multi-zone control, constant air volume (CAV) systems, and variable air volume (VAV) systems.
The training systems allow students to acquire hands-on experience with industrial HVAC control equipment. Throughout the program, students connect, configure, and troubleshoot programmable controllers using modern HVAC control software.
The course material also covers important topics related to HVAC systems, such as heating, cooling, free cooling, smoke detection, CO2 level detection, humidity control, and human-machine interfaces (HMI).
The Building Energy Management Training Systems are part of the HVAC-R line of products. Three variants are available:
• Model 3466-0 is a complete training system that includes a workstation with enough space to accommodate two student groups.
• Model 3466-A is a complete training system that does not include the above-mentioned workstation. It is designed to allow a second team of students to perform exercises on the workstation provided with Model 3466-0.
• Model 3466-B is an add-on to the Electric Heating Training System, Model 3460-0. It provides to users that already have this system all the equipment necessary to complete the exercises in the Building Energy Management Training System, Model 3466-0, without any unnecessary duplication of equipment.
- HVAC systems
- Direct digital control
- Rooftop units and rooftop unit controllers
- Supervisory controllers
- Programmable controllers
- Humidity control
- Heating, cooling, and free cooling
- Smoke detection
- CO2 level detection
- Human-machine interfaces
- Alarms and trends
- Single-zone and multi-zone systems
- Constant air volume systems
- Pressure-dependent variable air volume systems
- Pressure-independent variable air volume systems
- Estimated program duration: 15 to 20 hours
List of equipment
|Building Energy Management Training System||3466|
|Building Energy Management Training System (Second Team Add-On)||3466-A|
|Building Energy Management Training System (Add-On to Model 3460-0)||3466-B|
Additionally required equipment
|1||Training on HVAC Direct Digital Control, 0.5 day||20589-T|