NETtech Network Technology Training Program (50004)
THREE MAJOR SUBJECTS
The Training Program has three major divisions:
- Data Communication
- Peer-to-Peer Networks
- Client/Server Networks
Students have real-world, hands-on training in the important foundational aspects of data communications including:
- Configure and install a FAX/Modem
- Install and configure communication software
- Send and receive FAXs
- Communicate with Internet sites
Students perform critical tasks including:
- Configure and install a Network Interface Controller (software & jumpers, coax & UTP)
- Install and configure NIC drivers
- Install and use Windows 95/98 as a peer-to-peer network
- Use MS DOS Utilities
NETtech is the only training program that provides students with experience working on a real-life client/server network. Don't let your students work on a customer's network without hands-on training! With NETtech students:
- Install and configure a Novell NetWare server and client
- Install and configure a Windows NT Server and client
- Use On-Line Documentation
- Install and use Ethernet Hub
LAB EXERCISES Seventy-five lab exercises help students to quickly and effectively become knowledgeable and skilled in the essentials of data communication and networks.
INSTRUCTOR'S PACKAGE Supports the instructor in the management of the classroom. Each chapter parallels the Student Instruction Manual. Includes 75 completed Exercise Worksheets. Courseware is correlated with SCANS objectives.
STUDENT TRANSPARENT FAULTS The student gains experience in troubleshooting hardware and software during structured exercises using faulted parts and procedures.
NETWORK SERVICE TOOL SET The Network Service Tool Set puts the tools of the trade into the hands of your students from day one.